Circus In Schools
We run five distinct circus workshop packages for Primary and Secondary schools
- Circus Toybox Carousel – Learn all of the skills of circus manipulation in an introductory taster session – spinning plates, flower sticks, juggling, hula hoop and toothbrush twiddling
- Hoop Group – hula hoop for fitness and fun. Focussing on skills and game progression of the school’s own hula hoop supplies.
- Juggle Bugs – Every child makes a set of juggling balls to keep and takes the Juggling 101 workshop
- Pyramid like an Egyptian! – Learn the art of human pyramid building and develop trust, cooperation and teamwork
- Circus History with Madame la Bonche – A creative approach to learning social history, international cultures and amazing people – all told through circus!
Since the new millennium, Let’s Circus directors have been creating educational projects in schools, museums, science centres and other learning environments. They have engaged tens of thousands using the excitement of circus as a hook for dynamic, creative learning experiences. From a simple toy box workshop to an entire tented residency – projects can cover all scales.
Let’s Circus also supplies equipment packages to schools for ongoing circus activities within school times.
Our school workshop packages look like this!
Not only does our team include circus artists and educators, but also specialists in cross curricular areas such as Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Circus History, Languages, Physics and Geology. Thus we are able to tailor or offer activities to suit the award level, as well as expanding on the curriculum.
And our BIG school projects look like this!
Witness an entire school programme with circus at the heart of the curriculum for every child. Developing literacy, numeracy, writing skills, self confidence and physical literacy in partnership between teachers and artists. We can do this together!
Added to the work we do in schools for fun and celebration we have experienced Arts Awards advisors, to Gold level, as part of our team. They assist young people and children gaining a qualification both within and outwith of formal education settings
Let’s Circus can help young people gain all of or elements of their Arts Awards. :
Taking part in Activities – creative, exciting and physical – Our workshops are tailored to suit the age and ability of the group in one off sessions, short courses and can conclude with young people performing.
Seeing and reviewing arts media and culture – We offer circus performances in a school setting including a circus tent the Magpie which can come to a school.
Finding out about cultural professionals and organisations – Let’s Circus are committed to making Circus more known not only as an art-form and way of life but also as a business and social enterprise.
Work experience and volunteering – We offer work experience to Gold Arts Awards participants. To the individual with the right match to our organisation we can tailor an experience to include real areas of responsibility. Work experiences would be offered after interview as the experience will be rewarding and demanding.
Leadership and skills sharing – Within our workshop packages we can include elements of performance and skills sharing. In the higher Arts Awards level we can offer mentoring to Gold candidates wishing to undertake a circus project.