20 and 21 November 2010
11am-1pm and 2-4pm
Christ Church School Hall / Circus Central
Argyle Street, Shieldfield, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
(Nearest Metro – Manors)
Entrance via Christ Church Hall
Summary of Workshop and structure of sessions
The workshops include introducing and exploring the Art of Mime and looking at techniques of teaching mime to young people.
(2 sessions of 2 hour) for Circus professionals – no previous mime experience needed.
Discovering the fundamental basis of corporel mime ( technique Etienne Decroux)
- The weight
- The marionnet
- Animal work : the dog / the monkey
- The muscular comedy
- The beginning of the drama
- Then we will do some repertoire from the different mimodrams of Decroux (ancien combat, duo amoureux, the statue)
solo / duo / trio
Session 1: (2 hours) for professionals exploring mime teaching techniques especially for young people.
- How to teach movement?
- Training movement research
- The perfect mime (words are useless…!) what will be the best movement to express a particular thing ?
- Body language in the quotidianity ( I don’t know how to write … every day life )
Session 2: will include Pablo teaching young people mime for the fist time. There are a limited number of places for Professionals involved in Youth Circus.
Price: 50 euros. Places are limited so please contact us as early as possible to express you interest in attending.
Booking: email@example.com +441912462836